- CBN News
- Spiritual Life
- All Exclusives
- DVDs and Videos
- Gift Items
- Great Deals
- Kids Books, DVDs & CDs
- Gifts with a Cause: Scarfs
- Storyteller Café DVDs
- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- All Saints Theatrical Film Release
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- Ministry Appreciation
- Back To School
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Dove Awards Nominees
In the Standard Version, Scriptures and readings are taken from a combination of the New International Version (NIV), the New King James Version (NKJV), and the New American Standard Bible (NASB).
Musical creativity used throughout The Celebration Hymnal enhances the songs and enriches congregational singing.
- 69 Transitions: Two sequential songs joined together by a short musical bridge, allowing a smooth transition from one song to the next.
- 24 Last stanza settings, including choral endings: A special treatment for the last stanza of the song, such as a modulation or expanded accompaniment, followed by a newly composed ending for the choir.
- 18 Last Stanza Settings: Special treatment on the last stanza without a choral ending.
- 12 Repeat Settings: A written modulation followed by a repeat of the same song in another key (generally used with praise choruses that have no verses).
- 43 Segues: Two songs in the same key or related keys that can be sung one following the other without a pause.
- 15 Descants: An obbligato part written to be sung by the choir or praise team.
- 42 Choral Endings: A special "tag" ending to the song, usually sung by the choir or other group.
- 32 Extended Or Choral Endings: An ending that slightly prolongs a song which can easily be sung by the congregation or the choir.
- 16 Repeat Refrains Or Chorus Settings: The refrain of a song or chorus repeated following a brief modulation to another key.
- 4 Last Refrain Settings: Another setting of the song's refrain following a modulation with special treatment for the congregation and choir, including expanded accompaniment.
Over fifty Worship Sequences offer your congregation the option of singing combinations of two to four songs, incorporating spoken Scripture readings and musical transitions for instrumentalists. Use of the Worship Sequences brings dynamic focus to a worship time, leading a congregation with musical flow and thematic emphasis. To offer total flexibility, the Worship Sequences can be combined as building blocks for larger song groupings. Closed endings on every song ensure their effective use when being sung apart from a Worship Sequence.
Scripture readings are placed throughout the hymnal in the appropriate topical sections, rather than being relegated to the back of the book, providing a continuous flow between the spoken Word of God and worship through song. No longer simply "responsive readings," the variety of creative formats make use of differing combinations of worship leader, congregation, women alone, men alone, youth, children, and dramatists. In the Standard Version, Scriptures and readings are taken from a combination of the New International Version (NIV), the New King James Version (NKJV), and the New American Standard Bible (NASB).
The Family at Worship
Too often, hymnals are viewed as a book for adults only often because they are designed that way. The Family at Worship section in The Celebration Hymnal is uniquely designed to bring every age group in your congregation together in worship. The collection of songs in this section includes those appealing to and appropriate for children, youth, and adults, and provides direction for worship experiences in which children and youth become the leaders while adults become responders. For example, "Thy Word" and "Awesome God" are designed to be led by youth. Worship Sequences include children as worship leaders through the reading of Scripture. The easy-to-follow instructions and suggestions provide opportunity for meaningful worship that includes every generation.
Spoken Calls to Worship
Six scriptural invitations to worship used to establish an attitude of worship.
More Product Information
- Publisher: Word Entertainment Music
- ISBN-13: 9783010146364
- UPC: 080689324079
- SKU: 3010146361
- Feature1: Table of Contents
- Release Date: May 1, 1997
- Format: Hymnal (Hardcover)
- Language: English
- Label: Word Entertainment Music
- Height: 1.42 inches
- Width: 6.36 inches
- Length: 9.26 inches
- Weight: 2.22 pounds