The Coconut Oil and Low-Carb Solution for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Other Diseases: A Guide to Using Diet and a High-Energy Food to Protect and Nourish the Brain
Since sharing the story of her husband Steve’s reprieve from Alzheimer’s in her best-selling book Alzheimer’s Disease: What If There Was a Cure? The Story of Ketones, neonatal practitioner and caregiver Mary T. Newport, M.D., has become a respected authority on Alzheimer’s Disease worldwide and one of the strongest advocates for preventing and reversing neurological diseases of the brain.
Designed as a practical handbook for not only caregivers, but anyone wanting to learn how to optimally fuel their brains – especially as they age – Newport offers easy, concrete ways to put cutting-edge research into practice with a whole-food, high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) and their natural source, coconut oil.
In this groundbreaking guide to wellness, you’ll discover:
- How coconut and MCT oils can delay the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, and other conditions
- Myths – and truths- about “good” and “bad” fats
- The health benefits of ketogenic and low-carb diets
- Tips for adding more coconut and MCT oils into your day-to-day life
- More than 35 delicious and nutritious recipes using coconut and MCT oils